ASUS PRIME H310I-PLUS R2.0/CSM Overview
Powered exclusively by 8th Generation Intel Core i7, i5, i3, Pentium, and Celeron processors, the Prime H310I-Plus R2.0/CSM LGA 1151 Mini-ITX Motherboard from ASUS provides a solid foundation for your first build, plus the flexibility for growth, all of which are backed by automated system tuning, cooling controls, and onboard audio. This motherboard is designed to fit in mini-ATX sized cases, supports the LGA 1151 socket, the Intel H310 chipset, and is compatible with Windows 10 (64-bit).
The mini-ATX form factor of the Prime H310I-Plus can support up to 32GB of DDR4 RAM over two dual-channel slots, or 16GB per slot at speeds of 2666, 2400, and 2133 MHz non-ECC unbuffered memory. For storage, there are four SATA III 6 Gb/s ports and one M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2260 and 2280 for both SATA and PCIe 2.0 x4 SSDs.
There are also a total of two USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports (back panel), one USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector (mid-board) that supports two additional USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, two USB 2.0 Type-A ports (back panel), and one USB 2.0 connector (mid-board) that supports an additional two USB 2.0 ports. For those looking to expand their system using PCIe, there is one PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 slot that runs at x16.
For delivering sharp, clear graphics, this motherboard supports Intel HD Graphics with HDMI 1.4b, DVI-D, and VGA outputs. HDMI 1.4b supports a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 at 24 Hz or 2560 x 1600 at 60 Hz, while the DVI-D and VGA ports supports a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz. Integrated graphics has access to up to 1024MB of shared memory and also supports Intel InTru 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD, and Intel Insider.
Using the 8-Channel Realtek ALC887 HD audio codec, the Prime H310I-Plus can support audio with higher fidelity than standard controllers. Audio can also be output using the three integrated 3.5mm audio outputs or S/PDIF output header. ASUS' Prime H310I-Plus is equipped with features such as SafeSlot Core, LANGuard, overvoltage protection, a stainless steel back I/O, DIGI+ VRM, AI Suite 3, Ai Charger, CrashFree BIOS 3, EZ Flash 3, UEFI BIOS, and more. Included is an I/O shield, two SATA III 6 Gb/s cables, and two M.2 screw packages. This motherboard is protected by a limited 3-year warranty.
ASUS Prime 300 SeriesASUS Prime 300 Series motherboards provide the solid foundation needed for your first build, plus flexibility to grow with your ambitions. They've melded all the good stuff that's packed into 8th Generation Intel Core processors with essential ASUS design and engineering, so you benefit from technologies that include automated system tuning, comprehensive cooling controls, and immersive onboard audio. When you build with an ASUS Prime 300 Series motherboard, you build smart, easy, and affordably.
- ASUS Corporate Stable Model
- ASUS Corporate Stable Model (CSM) is a commercial program designed to provide stable and reliable motherboards. CSM offers up to 36-month product lifecycle support and 6-month end-of-life notice to allow sufficient lead times for your organization to get ready for product transitions. Each purchase of an ASUS CSM motherboard comes with server-grade ASUS Control Center IT management software.
- ASUS Control Center
- ASUS Control Center is centralized IT management software designed to provide a convenient, effective, secure and cost-saving solution for enterprises, small and medium-sized businesses, and data centers in any type of industry. With the help of ASUS Control Center, your organization will be equipped to achieve success in even the most challenging modern IT environments.
All-Round Energy EfficiencyWith the Energy Processing Unit (EPU), you'll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away Mode, a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-savings scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
- Flexible Cooling Controls
- Prime 300 Series motherboards offer comprehensive control over system fans via the included Fan Xpert 2+ software. Auto-Tuning Mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click.
- Cooler by Design
- The Prime 300 Series features the comprehensive cooling controls, configurable via ASUS Fan Xpert software or the UEFI BIOS.
- Multiple Temperature Sources
- Each header can be set to monitor and react to up to three thermal sensors and Fan Xpert, you can also assign a sensor to monitor the temperature of supported ASUS graphics cards to help ensure efficient cooling during GPU- or CPU-intensive workloads.
- 4-Pin PWM/DC Fan
- Each onboard CHA FAN header supports PWM and DC mode.
- UEFI BIOS
- The UEFI BIOS is an early waypoint on any PC-building journey, and Prime 300 Series has one that allows a wide range of configurations.
- Q-Fan Control
- You can configure the fan's operating speed manually, or use the pre-configured fan profiles to select Standard, Silent, Turbo or Full Speed modes, plus automatic switch to full speed if the temperature hits 167°F / 75°C.
- Search Function
- When you're ready for a deeper dive, Advanced Mode enables full control over every aspect of the motherboard, with a built-in search function to find the setting you need quickly.
- EZ Mode
- EZ Tuning Wizard
Quickly apply a CPU overclock to improve system performance or configure a RAID array for faster data retrieval and backups.
Graphical Fan Control
Fine-tune individual fans by dragging a curve with the mouse.
Display SATA port details for device identification.
Fast Clock Adjustment
Use mouse controls to change the time and date settings.
- Advanced Mode
- My Favorites
Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
Restore your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
Save BIOS settings for migration to a new BIOS version or system.
SATA Port Renaming Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
USB 3.1 Gen 1 Front Panel ConnectorUSB 3.1 Gen 1 is right where you need it, with two 5 Gb/s headers for the front panel. Experience data-transfer speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 with instant plug-and-play connectivity and avoid back-breaking contortions in the hunt for hard-to-reach rear ports.
- M.2 (Socket 3, M Key)
- With PCI Express 2.0 x4 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 20 Gb/s data transfer speeds. It's a good choice for an operating system or application drive, providing fast access to data.
- M.2 (Socket 1, E Key)
- Integrated with Intel wireless-AC technology, M.2 supports PCIe/USB mode to build a faster and more cost-effective Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 solution.
- Built to Last
- ASUS motherboards are extensively tested for compatibility with more than 1000 components and devices, plus their Qualified Vendor List (QVL) that identifies memory compatibility. Each new model undergoes a minimum of 8000 hours of strict validation, offering the peace of mind of knowing that your ASUS motherboard is fit for a wide variety environments and applications.
- 5X Protection III
- Hardware safeguards to ensure long-term durability.
- 520+ DDR4 Compatibility
- DDR4 memory compatibility helps ensure flexibility and reassurance.
- 1000+ Compatible Devices
- Compatibility with a range of CPUs, memory modules, graphics cards, and more.
- 8000+ Validation Hours
- Extensive testing with components for enhanced reliability, compatibility, and safety.
- 5X Protection III
- PRIME 300 series motherboards are engineered with 5X Protection III, employing fine components, excellent circuit design, and exacting standards to help guarantee the quality and long-term durability of your motherboard. That means strong protection and stability for your build.
- SafeSlot Core - Fortified PCIe Slot
- SafeSlot Core is the ASUS-exclusive PCIe slot. Featuring a fortified design that's anchored to the motherboard by a special hook, SafeSlot Core provides up to a 1.6x stronger retention and up to a 1.3x greater shearing resistance than standard expansion slots. ASUS Prime motherboards have strengthened solder points around both the PCIe and DIMM pins.
- ASUS LANGuard is hardware-level networking protection that employs signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors to help ensure a more reliable connection and better throughput, plus electrostatically guarded and surge-protected components for greater tolerance to static electricity and improved protection against surges.
- Overvoltage Protection
- An exclusive circuit design with built-in voltage regulators to help protect your chipset, connectivity ports, and audio codecs from damage caused by unexpected high-level voltages from unstable or inferior power supplies.
- DIGI+ VRM
- ASUS-exclusive DIGI+ VRM intelligently delivers power to the processor based on real-time demands, reducing energy waste and improving system stability.
- DRAM Overcurrent Protection
- Onboard resettable fuses help prevent overcurrent and short-circuit damage. This extends beyond I/O ports to DRAM to help safeguard the lifespan of your system and connected devices.
- Stainless-Steel Back I/O Panel
- Corrosion-resistant stainless-steel back I/O panels bonded with chromium oxide have a lifespan that's up to three times longer than ordinary panels.
- ESD Guards
- ASUS ESD Guards prolong the life of components while preventing damage from electrostatic discharge, providing protection for up to ±10kV of air discharge and ±6kV of contact discharge.
- Temperature and Humidity Tests
- Ensures components withstand extreme conditions.
- Thermal Measurement Tests
- Ensures that the system remains cool and stable under heavy loads.
- Insertion Tests
- Every port and connector is put through repeated installation cycles.
- Aging Tests up to 48 Hours
- Up to 48-hour aging test ensures reliability.
- Power Consumption Tests
- Delivers energy efficiency.
- Temperature and DC Margin Tests
- Ensures that the motherboard is capable of coping with voltages fluctuations caused by varying temperatures.
- Thermal Shock Tests
- Ensures the ability to survive temperature changes during transportation, ranging from -40 to 185°F / -40 to 85°C.
- Non-Operation Shock Tests
- Built to withstand jolts that may occur during shipping.
- Burn-In Tests
- Components are checked to ensure strong operations.
- Installation Tests
- Connector placement is double-checked to ensure hassle-free installation.
- Drop Tests
- Drop tests from various heights ensure durability.
- Salt and Spray Tests
- Tested for I/O reliability, prolonged lifespan, and rust-resistance.
Audio ShieldingSeparates analog/digital signal domains and reduces multi-lateral interference.
- Separate Layer for Left and Right Tracks
- Ensure minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
- Japanese Audio Capacitors
- These parts provide an immersive sound signature with great fidelity.
- Beyond VR Ready
- The Prime 300 series isn't just ready for VR, it goes beyond. The ASUS Beyond VR Ready marque means that Prime 300 series has been tested with loads of components to ensure that your productivity, gaming, and entertainment needs are tuned for strong performance. ASUS Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your system with total confidence.
Intel H310 ChipsetThe Intel H310 is a single-chipset design that supports 8th Generation Intel Core LGA1151 processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the H310 chipset provides a maximum of four USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, four SATA 6 III Gb/s ports, and 10 Gb/s M.2 and PCIe 2.0 lane-speed support for faster data retrieval. Intel H310 also supports integrated graphics, so you'll enjoy the great graphics performance.
- Ready for 8th Generation Intel LGA1151 Core Processors
- This motherboard supports 8th Generation Intel Core processors in the LGA1151 package, with integrated graphics, memory, and PCI Express controllers to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, dual-channel (2-DIMM) DDR4 memory, and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance.