The history of the Sony Walkman continues to be written with the release of the ZX707 Walkman ZX Series Digital Audio Player from Sony. This version of the Walkman is geared towards those who want to balance Hi-Fi audio reproduction in a handheld, on-the-go device. All of the high-quality components packed inside are designed to deliver pure, high-resolution audio with minimal distortion. You can access audio directly from a PC or online streaming service via Wi-Fi, from songs stored on 64GB of built-in memory, or on an optional microSD card. Play it all back for up to 25 continuous hours, and manage it intuitively like a smartphone with the ZX707's built-in 5" (diagonal) touchscreen display.
S-Master HX and DSD
The use of the S-Master HX Hi-Res audio amplifier allows for compatibility with the Native DSD format, providing balanced high-power output. It helps reduce distortion and noise across a wide range of frequencies. Thanks to high-quality PCM conversion, DSD audio formats up to 11.2 MHz are possible.
360 Reality Audio
When playing back 360-Reality-Audio-supported tracks with the ZX707 Walkman, music comes alive all around you, centering you in an immersive experience that makes it feel like you're at a live concert, or in the recording studio itself with the artist.
Get closer to the sound of the original recording with support for the following sound processing technologies:
- Hi-Res Audio: Reproduces music better than 24-bit 96 kHz, for better-than-CD audio
- DSD: Native 11.2 MHz DSD when using balanced headphones, and support for 32-bit / 384 kHz PCM
- Hi-Res Audio Wireless with LDAC: Hi-Res without wires, thanks to the LDAC codec that has 3 times the bitrate of standard Bluetooth
- MQA: Support for the playback of high-end MQA files
- aptX HD: Works with aptX HD audio over Bluetooth
DSEE Ultimate Upscaling
With DSEE Ultimate using Edge-AI, your digital music is upscaled in real time to restore acoustic subtleties and dynamic range, giving you a more complete listening experience.
The warmth heard when playing records is added to your digital files for a more authentic sound by reproducing the low-frequency resonance, tone-arm resistance, and surface noise of vinyl.
DC Phase Linearizer
The DC Phase Linearizer works to effectively replicate a variety of sonic signatures. Digital signal processing is applied to match phase characteristics of various types of analog amplifier to output a purer, more analoglike sound. You can choose from 6 phase character settings.
The rigid aluminum chassis is designed to provide physical rigidity and a resistance to electrical noise and other interference, resulting in stable, high-quality audio. Housed inside this frame is a host of high-quality components that are engineered to enrich the music you hear through the ZX707 Walkman.
- Large solid high-polymer capacitor: provides significant power to prevent sudden falls in voltage, resulting in clear and accurate bass and vocals
- FT CAP3: these bypass capacitors help deliver a smoother, wider, and more transparent sound with a tighter bass
- Large 8mm coil: used as the L-C filter, this coil helps achieve lower distortion and resistance that in turn improves resolution across all frequencies
- OFC (oxygen-free copper) block: Strengthens digital ground and shields the digital block element from noise, resulting in a clearer sound
- Film capacitor: delivers voltage with a linear response across frequencies, resulting in reduced distortion and noise.
- Fine sound resistor: Ensures the even and effective distribution of power to the circuit components for consistent sound quality
- OFC cable: offers low distortion and improved channel separation when using headphones.
- Crystal oscillators: Two low-phase-noise oscillators for precise clock stability at sampling rates of 44.1 and 48 kHz. This results in reduced noise and clearer sound
- Gold-infused solder: This is used to connect the circuit of the NW-ZX700 to the battery, using the exceptional conductivity of gold to minimize signal loss for a clearer sound and vocals
- Low-dielectric circuit board: using low and dielectric material for accurate signal transmission, while via holes are filled with copper reduces impedance. resulting in a wider, clearer, and brighter sound
- Optimized circuit-board layout: optimized to ensure sound is unaffected by digital interference
Two analog-style user interfaces are included to give the ZX707 a vintage touch. The volume UI provides a digital representation of an analog volume knob. The Cassette Tape UI is a playful nod to the Walkman's heritage. This UI and screensaver features the image of a cassette tape that will vary based on the codec of the music you're listening to.