DJI Mobile 3 Overview
The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 smartphone gimbal carries over most of the features from the previous Osmo Mobile model with many improvements. It's lighter than its predecessor, it's now controlled with the DJI Mimo app for iOS or Android, it supports larger smartphones, features a new Sport mode, utilizes hand gesture control and body shape recognition, and it now supports Bluetooth 5.0. The handle has been redesigned so that the ports are all accessible when charging, it can fold down for storage, and the handheld experience has been made much more comfortable and accessible at a 15° angle.
You can mount any smartphone up to 3.5" wide in its phone cradle and capture smooth footage in handheld operation. The Osmo Mobile 3 syncs up with the DJI Mimo mobile app to provide you with multiple shooting modes and functions including Portrait, Underslung, Landscape, Time-Lapse, Panorama, and now a Sport mode for fast-action shooting. You can also now use hand gestures to control the gimbal to track your movement, take a selfie, or record video so you don't have to press the record button or touch any controls. It can also automatically track body shapes to track human subjects without the need to make a manual selection with ActiveTrack 3.0.
The battery run-time is approximately 15 hours, and it takes approximately 2.5 hours to charge using the included USB Type-C cable. There is a USB Type-A power output on the back of the handle to charge your phone or other accessories while operating the gimbal. The bottom of the gimbal handle features a 1/4"-20 mounting thread to mount the gimbal on a tripod or other accessory. A storage pouch and wrist strap are also included with the gimbal. A storage pouch and wrist strap are also included with the gimbal.
- Supports up to 3.5" wide smartphones
- Foldable design with redesigned ports, handle set at natural 15° angle
- Controllable range: -162.5 to 170.3° pan / -104.5 to 235.7° tilt / -85.1 to 252.2° roll
- Bluetooth 5.0 support
- Controllable speed: 120°/s max
- Battery: Up to 15-hour run-time / 17.64Wh capacity, 2450mAh
- 1/4"-20 tripod mounting thread
DJI Mimo App
- ActiveTrack 3.0 technology built into the app allows the Osmo Mobile 3 to automatically keep your phone facing you as you move
- Gesture control: Reads certain hand gestures to take a still, record video, or track a subject
- Body shape recognition for more accurate tracking of a person
- New Sport mode for faster movements
- Modes/Functions: Standard, Portrait, Underslung, Flashlight, Time-Lapse, Hyperlapse, and Panorama
- Live stream moments using YouTube Live
- Take one-second-long exposures to produce light trails, star trails, and dramatically blurred cars without a tripod