An apt telephoto prime for portraiture and other selective compositions, the Sony E-mount 85mm f/1.4 WS Mk2 Lens from Samyang is characterized by its fast f/1.4 maximum aperture to suit working in low-light conditions and for controlling depth of field. The optical design incorporates one hybrid aspherical element that helps to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting in order to achieve greater contrast and color fidelity. The manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 3.6' away and a rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture offers a high degree of control over depth of field for working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques. Additionally, it also benefits working in low-light conditions with shorter shutter speeds.
- One hybrid aspherical element is featured in the optical design to control spherical aberrations for improved clarity and sharpness throughout the aperture range.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus operation permits working with subjects as close as 3.6' away and an internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use.
- The aperture ring de-click function allows the aperture ring not to be stopped at every f-stop in the way cine lenses do. This selectable function will allow brightness to be adjusted continuously and smoothly with much more details between the stops.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-sealed design suits working in inclement weather conditions.