Color Control for Video from Capture to Edit
The Calibrite ColorChecker Passport Video will get you to a worry-free, color balanced and consistently neutral place, with ideal camera exposure, faster than ever before. This essential color chart will enable you to get a better camera-to-camera match, achieve perfect exposure and easily shoot and edit for mixed lighting in a convenient portable protective case. The ColorChecker Passport Video will help to reduce your video editing time, allowing you to get to your creative look faster. Ideal for Filmmakers.
ColorChecker Passport Video combines 4 video production targets in one durable, protective "passport-size" case, giving you the ultimate in functionality and portability.
Measuring only 125 x 90mm, the pocket-sized Passport Video can be taken anywhere ready for any situation that comes your way.
• Ideal for all users that require accurate color control when capturing moving images
• Perfect for ensuring multiple cameras give a similar color rendition
• Can be used with all major editing software
• Useful focus target included for ensuring the sharpest levels of detail
ColorChecker Passport Video is a powerful 'capture to edit' color solution for any filmmaker looking to save time, providing a consistent and predictable neutral starting point so you can get to your look faster than ever before. Take it with you on every video shoot - either indoor or outdoor. It will quickly become your go-to color tool during pre-production, capture and edit.
Include ColorChecker Video Passport in every shoot to make your video workflow faster, more consistent, more balanced and repeatable. You'll save time and money avoiding costly mistakes and frustrating color corrections after the fact. Best of all, you'll get to your creative look faster, which is ideal because we all know how much you love being in your creative place.
ColorChecker Passport Video includes:
Video Color Target
Includes 6 chromatic color chips aligned with video production, 6 skin tones chips, 6 gray balance chips, and 6 highlights and shadow chips (including a high gloss black) to achieve the ideal color balance
3 steps include white highlight, 40 IRE mid-tone gray, and saturated high gloss black reference patches to achieve perfect exposure
White Balance Target
Create custom in-camera white balance for a consistent neutral point, eliminating the need to color correct each frame later
A chart facilitating center and edge focus
Portable Protective Case
Adjusts to accommodate multiple positions so that you can easily incorporate the target(s) into any scene. Also, it includes a handy lanyard so that your Passport is always close by.
Use these charts for a variety of applications, including:
• Color grading
• Color balancing
• Gray balancing
• Setting perfect exposure
• Color matching multiple cameras
• Shooting and editing for mixed lighting
3rd Party Software Support
ColorChecker Passport Video is supported by 3rd party software solutions for improved color grading and monitor calibration efficiencies.
• DaVinci Resolve
• 3DLUT Creator
Video Color Target
Specifically designed for today's video production workflow, the Video Color target includes four rows of color chips designed for video capture and editing, giving you a powerful chart to speed up color grading.
Chromatic Colors: six chips specifically designed to align with the color axis on a vector scope
Skin Tones: ranging from light to dark with subtle undertones
Linear Grayscale: six steps for even gray balance, including highlight and shadow regions
Highlight and Shadow Grays: six black and white patches, including a high gloss black to capture the full range of your video camera
White Balance Target
Starting with an accurate white balance ensures the colors you capture are true and provides a point of reference for post-shoot editing. The White Balance target is a spectrally flat target that provides a neutral reference point across mixed lighting conditions that you encounter during a video shoot. Since the target reflects light equally across the visible spectrum, creating an in-camera custom white balance can properly compensate for varying lighting.
With this color chart, you'll be able to:
• Eliminate color casts
• Improve the color preview on your camera's display so your histograms are more reliable
• Make post-production color correction and editing faster and easier by eliminating the need to neutralize each frame individually
White balancing on a piece of paper or other gray element in the scene may seem like a simple workaround, but most objects are not actually neutral under all lighting conditions, and they're certainly not consistent.
An inaccurate white balance will result in color casts, and a lack of consistency between lighting conditions, making color corrections extremely time-consuming.
Enhanced for achieving ideal camera exposure for video production. The grayscale target includes 3 rows of white, 40IRE gray, and high gloss black color chips.
This target helps you:
• Align the exposure and contrast of cameras you may be matching
• Ensures that mid-tones, such as flesh tones, are rendered accurately
This handy card will always be at your fingertips to facilitate center and edge focusing.
ColorChecker Passport Video was designed for absolute convenience and portability so that you can take it with you to every shoot. The travel-sized case is made of a rugged plastic material that houses and protects the four targets from the elements and extends their lifespan.
The self-standing Passport case adjusts to multiple positions, allowing you the flexibility to place the targets exactly where you need them. Plus, the included lanyard ensures your Passport is close at hand during every photo shoot.
- Use with vector scope, wave form, RGB parade in camera or in edit software in post production
- Create custom in-camera white balance for a consistent neutral point, eliminating the need to color correct each frame later
- Includes 6 chromatic color chips aligned with video production, 6 skin tones chips, 6 gray balance chips, and 6 highlights and shadow chips (including a high gloss black) to achieve the ideal color balance
- 3 steps include white highlight, 40 IRE midtone gray, and saturated high gloss black reference patches to achieve perfect exposure
- Adjusts to accommodate multiple positions so that you can easily incorporate target(s) into any scene - includes a handy lanyard so that your Passport is always close by